Do you have clean kitchen appliances, with a dirty horrible looking oven, with lasagna bubbled or cookie crumbs from last backing session?
Are you thinking about how to clean an oven or where to begin? Yes, I know it seems an overwhelming chore. But with the right basics, you can do this work like an expert and this will not only give deep clean oven bur also it will influences how your food cooks and gives better tastes.
So if you want to transform your dirty oven into the sparkly clean oven, here is everything you need to know. Read & clean it like a pro.
How to Use an Oven, Self-Clean Function?
Nowadays many modern ovens come with a function called ‘self-cleaning feature’. If your oven is moderately dirty, this function can be a helpful tool for you.
Important: If your oven has a large amount of buildup on the bottom, that can start to backfire and smoke up and sometimes can start a fire while doing this self-clean function.
If you don’t prefer to clean oven with chemical cleaners or with DIY cleaners, you can go for this function.
- First, remove the oven racks.
- Start the self-cleaning function by pressing the self-clean button.
- Then, your oven locks automatically and climbs to a high temperature of 550-880 degrees.
- The high heat will melt grease and grime and this may take about two hours based on your oven type.
- When the process is over, you’ll see a small amount of white ash at the bottom.
- Make sure that the oven has cooled to room temperature and wipe out the leftover ash with a damp cloth.
It is really good and effective to deep clean your oven with green cleaning. For this, you can you some kitchen remedies like baking soda, vinegar, or lemon juice.
Using Baking Soda+ Vinegar:
- After removing everything from the oven, place a paper towel under your oven floor.
- Put gloves and spread the baking Soda + Vinegar mixture, inside of your oven expect on the heating elements.
- Allow it to stay overnight and remove it using a warm towel.
- First heat the oven over 250 degrees.
- Place the lemon juice mixture inside on racks and leave it for an hour.
- After an hour, put gloves and wipe all surfaces with the mixture with the use of microfiber sponge or cloth.
- Keep it another 10 minutes & remove it using a warm towel.
Cleaning with Chemical Cleaner
- Inside the Oven:
Wipe inside the oven carefully with a sponge or cloth to lose bits of food. Don’t use any watery product inside your oven because those will effect to oven heating quails.
- Oven Racks:
First, remove the oven racks from the oven so you can clean them comfortably and effectively. Pour some dishwasher detergent into boiling water and keep them overnight to soak. Then it will be easy to remove dirt after doing little scrub using a stiff brush. Rinse them and dry before putting back to the oven.
- Oven Door:
As well as the interior, you should pay attention to clean outside of your oven. Also, you can do it the same way you did interior cleaning. Clean it using a spray-on oven cleaner and wipe it with warm water and a scrubbing pad.