Once in a while, we use the microwave to cook a quick meal using electromagnetic radiation. After some cooking session, one round of leftovers or burnt bags of popcorn will turn a sparkling clean microwave into a grimy, smelly huge mess.
Sometimes even though it looks clean, that does not mean there aren’t any bacteria or germs hiding. So we should concern about clean microwave regularly to help maintain the unit and ensure that your food tastes as it should.
When you find that your microwave is holding odors or you have food particles splattered in the interior, it is time for a quick clean. That may be a tedious hard task, which nobody likes to do. We going to teach you how to clean your microwave that doesn’t require scrub it until your hands are raw.
So by reading this article, you will learn how to clean your microwave faster and more effectively. With everyday supplies, you already have in your kitchen, including baking soda, lemon juice, dish soap, and vinegar which not damage the entire appliance of microwave like other harsh chemicals do.
Let’s get started!
Clean the Inside of Microwave “Heating Method” Using Eco-Friendly Supplies:
- Pour equal amounts of water and white vinegar into a measuring cup or bowl & mix them well.
- Transfer the mixture into a microwave-safe bowl & place it on microwave rack.
- Set the microwave to the highest heat for 5-10 minutes & turn it on.
- When the time is up, keep the door closed for about 3 minutes. Let the steam heat up the bottom, sides, and roof of the microwave. This will help to loosen up junks and spills inside the microwave.
- Then, using a pot holder CAREFULLY remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Wipe inside of the microwave with a microfiber cloth.
Using Baking Soda:
- To get rid of dried-on splatters, you can make a paste by mixing 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda along with 1 cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- After giving a quick mix, apply it inside the microwave and heat for three minutes.
- When the microwave is back to cool, wipe inside of the microwave by using a damp cloth or with a wet sponge. This will not only give your microwave look as new but also it smells pleasant because baking soda has the power to kill the funky smells.
- First, Slice the lemon into chunks & squeeze the lemon juice into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Mix it with one cup of warm water.
- Put the mixture in microwave and heat on high until the liquid boils, about 4-5 minutes.
- Once it came to the room temperature, Open the door and carefully take the bowl out.
- Give it a quick wipe to get rid of stubborn spots. You need to use a wet microfiber cloth to do this work
How To Clean Oily Microwave Doors?
- Mix a small amount of baking soda to water and clean the rubber gasket around the microwave door by wiping it using a cloth or sponge.
- To clean oily windows, mix the same amount of water & vinegar. Then wipe the window slowly until you can see clearly through it.